I liked the W3C tutorial and went through all of the basics. Afterward I watched the Mark Long video tutorial and gleaned some more while thoroughly enjoying his southern lilt. I have little or no accent, having lived in Tucson since I was 10, but listening to a southerner brings out my West Virginia roots. I will spend some time with a little more advanced xml so I can try some things on our school website and the website of a business friend. His could really benefit from some organization using a database.
Setting permissions and creating a webspace for my demo system was a snap. However, if I were asked to change permissions or configure settings using the command line without the step-by-step instructions, it would probably take me all weekend to review lecture notes, assingments, and linux documentation and I still might not get it right. None of the commands reside in my brain. I can recognize some of the elements of files when I look at the terminal, but programming anything from the terminal is a lost cause for me. I'm a gui girl through and through.
No comments:
Post a Comment