Booting Ubuntu from the CD was easy (once I learned from Bruce that I was trying to boot the server version and needed to use the desktop version. The devil is in the details, no?)
The challenge for me was using the command line because my touchpad and cursor had a delay. If I ended up somewhere I didn't want to be it was hard to use the file menu at the top because my cursor wouldn't respond well enough that I could quit.
So I moved on to the server install in VMWare. Thank you, Bruce, for the youtube videos. Very easy to watch and pause while I went through the process of installing. If I had had to read the install process, I'm sure I would have skipped a step or not checked something important. Isn't Web 2.0 wonderful? I'm thinking of ways I could use youtube with my students.
Using the command line after the Ubuntu install was much more satisfying since everything worked correctly and quickly. I tried listing and looking at the bin directory. Hopefully we'll have some very concrete assignments to try things out next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment